- Address concerns expressed by the public on the size and height limitations for a single accessory building, which many felt were restrictive;
- Reduce or simplify the number of calculations required for installing accessory buildings;
- Include accessory building limitations for the larger lot zones that do not presently exist;
- Impose new standards for accessory buildings on properties in the both MXT and HD zones to approximate those of residential properties in order to maintain their residential character
- Allow for a second story on accessory buildings where it can be determined by the Board of Appeals that a second story would not be contrary to the public interest.
- Monday October 7, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. in the Mayor and Council Chambers at City Hall, 111 Maryland Avenue. This meeting will be a public hearing on the text amendment before the Mayor and Council to review staff’s additional recommended changes made since the previous public hearing and consider additional input from the community.